Monday, February 9, 2009

Day in D.C.

On Saturday we decided we need a little break from the routine so we went into DC for the day. Our first stop was the Air and Space Museum, per Masons request. Mason loves that place. He loves to push all the buttons and go through all the different planes. When we were done we enjoyed the unseasonally warmer weather and played outside on the National Mall. Mason had a blast chasing all the pigeons. Then we decided to go over to the White House, since we hadn't been there since Obama was put in to office. Right after we got there we were told that we had to leave for security reason. They made everyone wait out on the grass in front of the White House. A few minutes later Marine One( the helicopter the president flys in) flew over top of us and lands on the lawn in front of the White house. It was pretty cool. Dallas was like a little kid, he thought that it was the coolest thing ever. He had to take video of the whole thing while Mason and I played games out on the lawn. Any way Obama and his family got on to the Helicopter and flew away. This was the first time that they have left the White House since in office, so I guess it was a pretty cool thing. Over all we had a GREAT DAY!!



This is a horrible picture of me. But for all those who want to see me pregnant, here you go.



















































2 comments:

annie said...

you little belleee is so cute.

Beeta said...

Aw, Mar! Your little belly is sooo cute! I just wrote basically the same thing as Annie, but I didn't know I promise. Must mean it's true. Do you have any names picked out for baby #2? Are you feeling lots better? Looks like an awesome day in DC. JP would love that more than anything too. Sounds like Mason might want to be a pilot someday :) Start saving your pennies now! PS I miss you!