Friday, June 18, 2010

The Summer of Change...

This Summer was full of change. The biggest change was moving from Virginia to Arizona. Before we left VA we had a few thing we had to do....

CATCHING FIRE FLIES AND SAYING GOODBYE TO OUR TOWN HOUSE







The night before we left we got the kids up after it was dark and went and caught fire flies one last time before we moved. I'm so glad we did this. It made me realize how much I was going to miss VA and all our friends here. VA was my home for 4 years and now we were going to move to a scary and exciting new place.


RELEASE NEMO INTO LAKE ANNE







Mason was happy to let nemo go live with his family in the lake..... until he actually let him go and then he was really sad. We promised him that we would get him a new "nemo" when we got to Arizona.


PACK UP





We had our stuff shipped across the country, so we could just drive our car and not have to worry about driving a big ol' moving truck. What this meant to us was that we were going to have to sell most of our stuff in order not to pay a million dollars to have our stuff shipped. So that's what I did. I sold almost everything we owned on craigslist. What you see in this picture is what we kept..for the most part.

SAY GOOD BYE TO FRIENDS

Our neighbors across the way were from Iraq, they were always bringing us little "treats." When they found out we were packing up and moving, she asked if she could bring us dinner. This is the beautiful food that she brought us. We always "tried" to eat whatever she brought over. This time after Dallas ate these little "meat footballs" he broke out in hives. hahaha But we loved our crazy neighbors anyway.

Saying bye to friends at Reston Town Center.








VISIT THE DC TEMPLE












Stay tuned for more of what happened during our SUMMER OF CHANGE....

2 comments:

Alyson said...

Oh! I totally forgot about the food from the neighbors across from that apartment...

annie said...

I love this post! It makes me feel sentimental about VA and I've never even lived there! : ) I'm so happy you're closer though. The boys are amazing as usual! : ) love you guys!