I'm trying to put together a list of good books to read and I need your help. If you have any favorites or any that you would recommend, will you please leave a comment with the title and the author? ThAnKs!!
My favorites are A tree grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith and the Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. The other Boleyn girl by Philippa Gregory is also good.
hi mary! its britta...remember me? ok i for sure agree with kate. i read these is my words and loved it! i laughed and cried and enjoyed every second of it. also my all time favorite book is my grandfather's blessing by rachel naomi remen. it will for sure change your life! another super good book is the memory keeper's daughter. kind of a random story line but also a good read. a tree grows in brooklyn is way good...i must agree with lori on this one. and there is just a small little part in the book where you learn why the book is titled "a tree grows in brooklyn" and i thought it was pretty profound. ok well sorry this was so long! good luck with the good reads!
Pillars of the Earth (can't remember the author) and My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok. I have both of these if you just want to borrow them. Also, if you have any good ones you could recommend to me or that you could lend me I would love it. I'm currently on the prowl for some new books to read too.
Mary if you look at my blog there's a list of books I've read this year on the left hand side. I recommend all of them except Peace Like a River. I especially LOVED the Jodi Picoult books. Hope this helps!
Hi its lisa and i am adding you to my blog too. Hey your little boy is too cute. And as far as books i just read those twighlight books and there not bad a little weird but i liked them.
8 comments:
I just finished "These is My Words"
http://www.amazon.com/These-My-Words-Nancy-Turner/dp/0060987510.
I think its worth the read. Another book I really liked that I read lately is Map of Love.
http://www.amazon.com/Map-Love-Novel-Ahdaf-Soueif/dp/0385720114.
Enjoy! I love to read.
My favorites are A tree grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith and the Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. The other Boleyn girl by Philippa Gregory is also good.
hi mary! its britta...remember me? ok i for sure agree with kate. i read these is my words and loved it! i laughed and cried and enjoyed every second of it. also my all time favorite book is my grandfather's blessing by rachel naomi remen. it will for sure change your life! another super good book is the memory keeper's daughter. kind of a random story line but also a good read. a tree grows in brooklyn is way good...i must agree with lori on this one. and there is just a small little part in the book where you learn why the book is titled "a tree grows in brooklyn" and i thought it was pretty profound. ok well sorry this was so long! good luck with the good reads!
Pillars of the Earth (can't remember the author) and My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok. I have both of these if you just want to borrow them. Also, if you have any good ones you could recommend to me or that you could lend me I would love it. I'm currently on the prowl for some new books to read too.
Mary if you look at my blog there's a list of books I've read this year on the left hand side. I recommend all of them except Peace Like a River. I especially LOVED the Jodi Picoult books. Hope this helps!
Hi its lisa and i am adding you to my blog too. Hey your little boy is too cute. And as far as books i just read those twighlight books and there not bad a little weird but i liked them.
The Wednesday Letter by: Jason Wright
The Twilight series by: Stephenie Meyer
Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by: Fannie Flagg
The next few books are a lower level reading but are extremely good
Flipped by: Wendelin Van Draanen
The Goose Girl by: Shannon Hale
Princess Academy by: Shannon Hale
I can't think of any more right now
Mar, Check out goodreads.com.
Post a Comment