Saturday, February 16, 2008

Butterflies

If you look closely there is a big black butterfly in the leaves.
Mason got to have a real caterpillar crawl on his hand.
Inside the butterfly room.
Huge Grasshoppers


Today we went into DC and went to a new exhibit at the Natural History Museum. It was an exhibit all about bugs and butterflies. They had a big room that was filled with butterflies flying all around you. It was awesome. They also had a big room with all sorts of crazy bugs in cases that you could look at. We all enjoyed seeing the different kinds of butterflies and bugs. If you are in the DC area I would totally recommend going. (sorry the pictures are such low quality, the batteries were dead in my camera so we had to use a cell phone.)

7 comments:

nesterbug said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Mason looks pretty scared of that butterfly in the first picture. He's adorable as always. You guys are so good at getting out and going to all of the museums. I wish I was better at it.

daveandlisa said...

Hey, that last comment was from me in case you didn't figure it out. I forgot that I was signed in with my other account. Sorry.

Emily said...

That is so cool we will totally have to check that out! I echo Lisa that you guys are good about getting out, we should be better too!

Britni said...

ooh I love butterflies...looks like Mason does too.

CHUNTZ said...

Mary you always do such cool things with Mason!

brooke said...

I WILL totally have to check this out... thanks for pointing me toward it!

Jen and Lance said...

Fun place! You're little boy is so cute! I have to admit the huge grasshopper kind of freaks me out.